Friday, February 24, 2006

Hair Hair Hair


I have to do something about Claire's hair. She could have an excellent Mohawk, it's so long on top but short in the back and sides. The little barretts I buy always fall out. So everyday I have to put it up in a topknot, but she wriggles soooooooo much that it's never even. And there's really no point in keeping the top long if I have to wait for the back to grow longer anyway.
But I've gottten superstitious about the first haircut. Our babysitter in Maryland had never cut her three year-old son's hair because they were waiting to do it on his first trip to India. And many of my old co-workers were shocked that I'd cut Nathan's hair before his first birthday, it's a taboo in a lot of cultures.
But look at this. She looks like me in high school when I used to hide behind my long bangs. Gee, Mom loved that. Every time I swipe it back behind her ears I feel like I'm channeling my Mom. But at least when I was in high school I had the sense not to get the hair caught on the peaches smeared all over my face. Posted by Picasa

No comments: