Sunday, February 11, 2007

Still fussing about the name

We're still going back and forth about the name. Claire's got tarnished a bit because Ryan tends to think of ladies names being more closely related to diners and family style restaurants. There's a Caroline's diner in Potsdam, and a place called Phoebe's (Steaks and Italian) in Canton. We want to stand out from those

Although I'm glad we kept the name Claire's on the Business plan, because the guy running the meeting has a grand-daughter named Claire Grace, so that started things off well. This is at least the second Claire Grace I've heard of, and that was nearly the middle name we chose as well, since Grace is Dan's Grandmother's name. I really hope that Claire isn't a fad name the way Amy was in the early 70's.

Dan likes Benne right now, which is a type of bean used in southern coastal cooking. But I think that people will think it's meant to be the Italian and that we don't know how to spell. I was thinking of something with three or trio in it, since there are three of us running the restaurant. Tupelo came to me during the night a few days ago, I've had "Tupelo Honey" in my head ever since. The former owners have a Beatles fixation, and named it Glass Onion, with a music shop they own in the next town called Stawberry Fields. Maybe we should do a Van Morrison theme and open a bar named "Moondance" and a "Brown Eyed Girl" coffee shop.

I'm trying to pull myself away from the computer and do something non-restaurant related for awhile. I've spent hours and hours over the last two days bookmarking sites on POS systems, furniture, banks, uniforms and on and on and on. Must stop before brain explodes.

No comments: