Thursday, February 22, 2007

This and That

We were very tempted to send Claire back last night. She started having a dry cough around 11 pm and it didn't let up until 4:30 am. It wasn't painful, she wasn't crying, but every few minutes it would come through the monitor and keep Dan and I from falling asleep. Multiple infusions of water and milk did nothing to stop it, and just led to a very wet bed this morning.

So, I played hooky today. I couldn't face work on that little sleep, and I wanted Claire to have a good nap at home instead of going to daycare. We still sent Nathan over, and I managed to get a lot done today for the restaurant.

1. www.palmettorestaurant.com is registered, and I'm already sending email from it. I was worried that once we filed LLC papers, some cyber-squatter would scoop it up, so I'm glad to get that out of the way. And I like amy@palmettorestaurant much better than myname1@twcny.rr.com which I can never even remember.

2. Sent out some emails to those of you who have generously suggested they could help. We'll see how Roxy does on a Logo, try to get some Joy Bristol painted pies on the wall, and we can already thank Christy for the handholding while getting the domain name.

3. Claire and I met with the Director of Economic Development for the town. Claire spent the whole time tearing everything out of my purse, but other than that it went well. She's going to help us apply for loans from a local Development Initiative. And, she's lived and worked there a long time, and knows a lot about what will work in the area. She loved the business plan, and will really advocate for us.

4. Spent some time fiddling with a POS system demo. The POS market leader charges about $15,000 to set-up and maintain a system, so I'm hoping that this less expensive option from Dell will meet with Dan and Ryan's approval.

Dan just came home, so I have to fill him in on the day's progress.

1 comment:

painterjoy said...

You certainly have been busy. And I am sorry to hear about Claire's coughing and your sleeplessness. It's an awful feeling.
I love the name. Like having a tropical oasis on the snowy tundra.