Monday, January 28, 2008

glug, glug, glug



Yay me, I fixed the exterior pipe on the sump pump. But I must have been a little rough with it, and twisted the pipe too much, because I think I'm responsible for breaking the pipe in the cellar.

The water is no longer gushing out of the side of the house and puddling against the exterior foundation. It is now gushing out of a broken pipe and spraying against the interior foundation in the basement. Sigh. This is a job for a plumber, because there is no way I'd be able to do the repair in time to stop the water from backing up too far. I unplugged it for about two minutes and the water level rose considerably. I really wish I knew where this spring was so I could dam the damn thing up. Although I do have really soft hair since we moved.

2 comments:

AllBeehive said...

Wow, good for you for trying to attempt it. The most plumbing I've ever done is help a girlfriend change the wax ring on her toilet. Oh and clean the toothpasty/hair/spittle clog out of the bathroom drain.

saffry said...

Don't be too impressed. All I needed was a screwdriver to loosen the clamp, and a guy at the hardware store to point out where the flexible tubing was.

The big job will be sometime this summer, when I want to re-dig the outside trench and lay all new pipe, since it has broken in three different places since we moved.