Saturday, December 01, 2007

Easy come, Easy Go

The temp job has proved to be a temp job. I really like it there, my co-workers really like me, but there's just no permanent job for me. Last day is next Friday. So, onto plans A,B & C.

We're going to keep the kids in daycare for as long as we can afford it. Which gives me the freedom to just take any temp or part-time job that comes along. Kelly Services got good reviews of my work, and I'm also going to try to get into the bank's on-call teller system. That would make me an internal candidate for any future openings at the administrative offices.

Also, someone's advertising for Admin and HR people for permanent and temp jobs, and offering a wonderfully high wage for it. It must be Wal-mart getting geared up to do hiring for the new store, which is quickly rising up out of vacant land outside Potsdam. I don't really want to be a Wal-mart person, but the idea of working for them during a hiring blitz is intriguing.

No comments: