Sunday, December 03, 2006

Oh Tannenbaum


There are not enough lights on this tree. Part of the problem is that everything had been boxed up for two years and two moves. One strand of colored lights had an inexplicable cut on it. And my habit of saving candy canes to hang on the tree turned into an ooey, gooey mess. Plus, this is a really fat, full tree. We couldn't get much higher than 6 feet because of our low ceilings, so we made up for it in width. And the lights just disappear into the depths of it.

It's not quite done yet. I've got some red bows that I like to put on, but I've got homework due tonight. You'll get the full pictures sometime before Christmas.

3 comments:

davegannon said...

gorgeous tree! is that a guitar amp in the background? claire is adorable in her little dress in front of it as well. i love the radio stations that play xmas music all month. go christmas! email me if you have any favorite xmas music you would like. congrats on getting into the spirit early(er).

painterjoy said...

Thank you for the great shots! Claire and Nathan look so adorable! So festive! Is there snow on the ground there?

saffry said...

Yes, it's an Amp. Dan is teaching himself to play the bass again.

We do have a little snow. I took the kids out to play this afternoon, but then Claire had a meltdown and I basically had to drag them both back kicking and screaming to the car. I think she just got too wet and cold and needs snow pants.

I know you would have loved to see the snow last night Joy. I took the garbage out at 11 and the snow was like crushed diamonds.