Friday, December 01, 2006

The goose is getting fat

I used to like to wait until mid-december to put up lights and decorate for Christmas. Growing up, we never had a tree up before the 15th. But, I have a surplus of Christmas spirit this year after last year's disasters. I've even been listening to the "Holly" station on XM radio.

I put the outside lights up two days ago, wanting to beat the forecast of rain and snow for the next week. I got a light-up Frosty today, too. Couldn't resist. But my attempts to put him up during a break in the rain were twarted by the lack of a polarized plug. That, and the thunder. And more freezing rain. So I left Frosty tied to a tree and will attempt to get him plugged in tomorrow. My favorite purchase of the year so far is a $10 light timer. I program the lights to come on at dusk and go off 9 hours later. Yay for not going outside and Yay for saving electricity.

Too bad my Christmas shopping is still completely unorganized. I don't even have good ideas this year. Getting a pair of socks for my Mother-in-Law is about as far as I've gotten. At least I got it together in time to order my cards from Shutterfly during their 20% off sale. Here's one of the reject pictures.

1 comment:

painterjoy said...

How fun! I absolutely love Christmas time! And, yes, it is possible to miss cold, icy weather! Out here there is no excuse for staying in and not doing things outside. No snow days. The kids don't know the fun of that.

Please post a pic of your holiday decorations when all done. Claire and Nathan look so cute!