Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Rituxan

Feeling a bit stressed. I start a new arthritis treatment tommorrow and the warnings for it go on for sixteen pages. I also haven't been able to find much info on how well it works for people, and what the long term side effects may be. It's been used for years for Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma patients, but it was only approved for RA this past year.

The worst part is that I have to go to the oncology dept of the hospital to get it. I'll be there for a few hours getting the drug through an IV drip. And then I have to go back in two weeks for a second dose. If it works, I'll be pain free for six months.

1 comment:

painterjoy said...

I hope you won't be alone while you get your IV. I started to read about the drug, and I had to stop, it was too much. I am astounded by your bravery through all this. I am sending you super-healing thoughts.