Monday, August 13, 2007

Yummy food

My Aunt and Uncle from Maryland came to visit this weekend, which was a great excuse to get a chance to eat dinner at Dan's restaurant. I don't think I've done that once since we moved, I've had a few lunches, but not on days that Dan was cooking. We all had the special salad, which was dried cherries, pistachios and Stilton cheese over a mesclun mix. Yum. It was also perfect weather for eating out on the deck overlooking the river, so I think I showed the town in it's best light.

I had Maple Brined Seared Atlantic Salmon with a Warm Bacon Vinaigrette, Rosti Potatoes (a crunchy hash) and Malone Salad(cuke and fennel). Aunt Erin had Grilled Mahi Mahi with a Relish of Green Beans, Fennel, Tomatoes, Olives and County Meadows Feta. Uncle Richard had a San Francisco Style Cioppino which was Shrimp, Scallops, Salmon, Mahi Mahi & Crab stewed in a Vodka-Tomato Broth with Roasted Pepper Croustades.

Given these culinary gems, I'm not at all surprised or disappointed that Dan turned down a job offer this week. The local organic grocery approached him because they'll be expanding their prepared food section and wanted to see if he was interested. The pay wouldn't have been too different, and there were actual benefits provided, as well as an almost 9-5 schedule. But Dan loves restaurant work, and didn't want to deal with making pounds of granola each day. I'm sure it's for the best.

No comments: