Sunday, May 18, 2008

More trauma.

So of course Nathan wants to take the gold coin everywhere and show it to everyone. And of course he's wearing pants without pockets today. So of course he dropped it somewhere in the sand at the playground.

I just about had his friend going home to get a metal detector when I remembered that I had four other coins in my purse waiting for the next teeth. So I put on my sneaky shoes and dropped a new coin under the slide, although given that Nathan was right behind me, I came close to being found out.

More details on the box for Joy.....Every time he loses a tooth from now on, he'll put it in the box and in the morning he'll find the money in there. I had a tooth-shaped pillow that did the same thing in my youth. I like the box idea better though, because once all the teeth are out and the Tooth Fairy legend is debunked, I'll put his baby teeth together in the box for a keepsake.

1 comment:

painterjoy said...

The box is a great idea. Thanks for the info. And i am glad the sneaky dollar ploy worked! Good thinking, Mom!