Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Diet Day 3

Okay, so I lost 4 lbs already. I know it's mostly water, and the rate will slow down after the first few weeks, but it's still pretty cool. My short term goal is to lose 25 lbs by Joy's reception. It may be tough without exercise, which I need to talk to my doctor about.

The diet is Good Housekeeping's Supermarket diet. No gimmicks, no fads, very little "banned" foods. Processed white flour and soft drinks are the only real evil foods. For two weeks each day's meal, and one snack, is planned out. But it's all pretty good, and fast to make. There's a few instant meals, like energy bars or frozen dinners. And some cooked meals, like Penne Rigata last night. Friday night there's even beer allowed, to go with the Amy's organic veggie pizza. The shopping list for the first two weeks was 5 pages, because it had info on how many calories, sodium, and fiber should be in the products I bought. The one drawback is that it assumes I'm cooking for more than one, so I have leftovers of some things that Dan isn't around to eat, and that I can't eat while on the 2 week bootcamp. But I can plan things differently when I get to the main diet so that doesn't happen.

Today's breakfast was toast topped with P-butter, honey, apple and cinnamon. Snack will be a whole fruit popsicle. Lunch is leftover Penne, and then canned Lentil soup for dinner with spinach, feta and 1/2 pita. Yum.

No comments: