Friday, June 23, 2006

Looking for friends

Awhile back I found a blogger who lives near me and decided to bookmark her site to see if we had enough in common for me to introduce myself. Now, it's two months later and I'm still checking in everyday and have yet to say hi. Partly it's that she was talking about moving, and it took awhile to determine that she was just moving across town and not to her fiance's town. She knits, she likes the same movies and books, but she has no kids. I know that's not fatal to an established friendship, but it's a little tough on a new one. Meanwhile, I keep thinking I'll run into her in town and feel weird that I know about her job, fiance, and the fact that she's wearing renaissance costume to her wedding. Does this make me a stalker?


In other news, the attempt to meet people at the playground fizzled in the face of weeks of rain. But I ran into a woman at the mall yesterday (hippie british chick) and Nathan and her son had fun running around the toystore and pet shop. So we made tentative plans for the beach today, but it was overcast so she didn't come. We'll try again on Sunday, at which time I'll test out my new Olympus weatherproof camera.

2 comments:

AllBeehive said...

I say comment on her blog! Introduce yourself that way. It may turn into a friendship :)

painterjoy said...

I know how very difficult it is to make friends. Honestly I have met very few people that I find as interesting and fun as my high school friends. Is that sad?I know that I personally have a had time opening up to people, so that doesn't help.
Good luck with your friend search!