Sunday, June 25, 2006

Full Confession Time

Okay, here goes.....I weigh 224 pounds and wear a size 24 pant. Ugh. I'd like to blame some of that on the prednisone, but that only covers the last 20 pounds. Where'd the rest of it come from? Oh right, I eat candy and/or ice cream everyday, never eat veggies, and eat out too much.

So the diet starts tomorrow. I HATE the term diet, it makes me think of skinny women trying to meet impossible goals. This is more of a lifestyle makeover. I'm following a two-week 1200 cal bootcamp with every bite of food planned out. I need that, because I've forgotten how to shop and cook in all the years that Dan has worked nights.

Then it's up to 1500 cal. Although the diet plan says if the 1200 really kills me, I can go to 1500 early. I've really only dieted once before, when we were in Georgia, but too quickly fell into a rut of eating the same thing everyday. So it got tiring quickly, plus I was still eating junk on Dan's days off. This needs to go well, 224 is a scary number.

3 comments:

AllBeehive said...

Congratulations on making the decision to lose weight. It will be tough, but you can do it. It will not be easy, but this about how much happier and healthier you will be when it is all over. Good luck!

painterjoy said...

No, it's not easy, but you can do it, of course!!! And I do think it helps to think of it as a lifestyle change, not a temporary 'diet'.
And I appreciate how brave it was for you to put those numbers out there! You are amazing in your strength!

AllBeehive said...

I agree with Joy! And a lifestyle change is right. I have to remind myself of that DAILY. Call for support any time! I'm so proud of you.