Thursday, March 09, 2006

All hail the King

Given that Dan is on his feet all day and his back always hurts and I have an entire body that is rebelling against me, it seemed like a new mattress was called for. We haven't had a boxspring for a few years, the movers couldn't get up one of our stairs. And the mattress dated back to our last sojurn in upstate New York. So we went bedhopping the other day and not only got a new bed, but Dan talked me into a Kingsize. It's yummy.

I had my doubts, I still cherish the newlywed ideal of snuggling at night, and it seems we can hardly see eachother in this monster. But Dan's body temp is at least 10 degress higher than mine and he needs some space to cool off after work. Besides, we're not newlyweds anymore, we're a family now, and Nathan had a great time hiding under the covers of the big, big, big, big, big bed this morning.

I just wish I'd found softer sheets for it. We had perfect sheets for a few years, absolutely frictionless, and softer than a baby's bottom. The fitted sheet wore out, and none of the other sheets or pillowcases have labels for me to track down replacements in kingsize. My dry winter skin felt like it was being sandpapered last night. I may have found them on the Bed, Bath and Beyond website, but I'm leary of getting them online and the nearest store is 1 1/2 hours away. We'll see how my skin feels tonight.

No comments: