Tuesday, March 28, 2006

In praise of Dan, father supreme

Okay, I feel bad about picking on Dan now. Yesterday we all went for a hike to find another geocache. It was only a mile from the car, but in toddler strides that takes an hour. And it's not too great on a mother who's been hibernating all winter. We were within a few hundred feet when Claire started crying in her backpack. So Dan took her out to hold and rock her in his arms and she promptly fell asleep.

Now, you're probably thinking that I'm going to praise him for carrying her back to the car. Not quite. Halfway there he put her back in the backpack and carried Nathan the rest of the way to the car. Two kids, 55 lbs, half a mile. My man, you can't have him.

2 comments:

AllBeehive said...

I have to say, the Geotracker thing is v. urban geeky cool. I'm a bit jealous.

Also, Dan's the man :) Gawd, I'm not so cool.

saffry said...

There are about 200 caches within 8 miles of your zip code. They're not always on trails either, my second find was hidden in a light pole at my grocery store parking lot. Isn't Dave into geeky tech things and would like a GPS to play with?