Friday, April 07, 2006

Good and Bad

I should have stayed home Wednesday. We tried a walk and a trip to the mall, but it wore me out since my arm was still bothering me. Then Claire didn't sleep well, and my usual soothing didn't work since my arm hurt too much to rock her. So I didn't get much sleep and that made my shoulder hurt worse. I couldn't lift my right arm without pain for most of yesterday. Shampooed one-handed. Fed Claire left-handed. Then, when I tried to go grocery shopping, I discovered the new car had a flat.
The good news is that my car dealer wants to be on my good side, so they sent someone over to pick up the car and change the tire. They didn't even charge me for the labor. I also called Dan's parents to rescue me, and they came over with some dinner and corralled Nathan for awhile.
I still don't have total range of motion with my right arm this morning, but the steroids will kick in by this afternoon, and I should be better until the cycle starts again tomorrow morning. I'm beginning to see a pattern of one joint flaring for 3-4 days, then its alternate joint flaring. Left knee, right knee, left shoulder, right shoulder etc. You wanna take bets on what's next? Wrists or elbows?

No comments: