Thursday, April 20, 2006

Knit Knit Knit Knit

I got a fun book the other day, Knitting_rules. And I mean fun, with jokes about sweaters that go out of control and the weird math involved in knitting round shawls. Even Dan was reading a bit and asking me if I knew what gauge was.

She has a blog too, Yarn_Harlot . I totally identify with her nickname, I move from project to project, seduced by new patterns and yarns, seldom finishing my commitments to finish the hat/mittens/scarves I began with. And reading her book is just making it worse, since I now want to see what it is about knitting socks that she finds so calming. Plus, I want to try a sweater.

But, I have half a Christmas stocking on a set of needles, and three more to do to complete the family set. I've set it aside for now to do a poncho
for Claire, but that is amazingly taking only a few days. This is just half of it, I'm making it up as I go along, and haven't figured out how I'm going to join the back and front yet. I really like the pattern and want to do a shawl for myself in a solid color. Plus I still want to do a felted bag to keep my knitting in. See, there I go again. The number of projects I want to do at any given time far outweighs the number I've successfully completed in the last year. (baby blanket, hat and mittens for Nathan, Felted Bag, Felted Hat,Ear Warmer/Headband)

No comments: