Friday, January 05, 2007

Must find job

I've gotten sidetracked lately, and need to get back to some real work. I was very gung-ho about looking for work back in September, but after waiting by the phone and only going on two interviews I found the job search to be an irritant instead of interesting. Then I started classes in November, and that got my brain working again, but I've fallen behind now. Partly because of the weirdness of the Nov-March term and partly from my classes each having a different idea of when X-mas break starts and ends. And then getting into the restaurant plan in December sucked up a lot of time that should have been spent on my necessary goals.

So, back to work. I applied for three jobs today. There's a fourth job that seems to be posted in three different places where the candidate "must" have quickbooks. I've been ignoring it for weeks, but maybe I should apply anyway. They seem to be getting desperate, and I have done the quickbooks tutorial on the website. That's good enough, right?

Just so you'll see what I'm up against, these are the jobs in the weekly newspaper, and typing in my zip of 13647 will show you what else is around on this site. Not very encouraging.

No comments: