Monday, October 30, 2006

Back to School II

My online classes opened today. It's another week before classes start, but I went in and read the course schedule and updated my profile to share with other students. I'm signed up for

Intro to Accounting - pretty self-explanatory.
Planning and Finalizing the Degree - 2 cr - This is a requirement at Empire. Since all the classes are done online, this is a way to be sure that you have a good relationship with your mentor and are on track to eventually graduate.
Information Literacy - 2 cr - I had a few options for my second Educational planning course. I decided that since I first learned how to research in the 20th century, I needed to re-train myself on education in the internet age.

Since I signed up for the second two classes at the Advanced Level, I'm going to have to write two research papers this term. I think I was smart to pick a term that will be broken up by a long Christmas break, it will give me time to get ahead on the work a little. The idea having to come up with two topics was freaking me out this afternoon, but then I came up with two possibilies while talking to Dan tonight. One paper will be a completely open-ended topic, I'm thinking of exploring the increase of the AMT tax. The other paper is meant to be about my career plans, so I think looking at how the accounting scandals and Sarbannes-Oxley have impacted accounting programs and CPA licenses seems a no-brainer. Alright, do I sound smart just talking about AMT and SOX?

1 comment:

painterjoy said...

Yes, very smart! I have no idea what you just said! You can do my taxes anytime!