Thursday, October 05, 2006

Chilly



Getting cold. I've spent the last few weeks putting the storm windows up and down as we've swung from 40 degree nights to 70 degree days. But I think after tonight's frost, we'll be keeping the storms down permanently. Finally took the AC out of the window too, after using it about 3 nights all summer. I got some plastic wrap to put on some of the windows. I really hate that stuff, but the main part of the house is fairly old and not well insulated. It was probably a 3 room summer camp when it was built, and then was retro-fitted to a year-round home.

I think I finished the triangular wool shawl I'm making, haven't quite decided yet. It's really a bit too long in the back, but doesn't cover my front very well. I'm thinking of putting in a chunky button to keep it clasped in the front, and maybe adding some more trim to the front. Pictures eventually.

No comments: