Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Luckily, they didn't notice the black eye

The job interview went very well. I think I was more relaxed than the interviewers. Threw in some talk about the AMT tax and the CPA exam, so I think that may have helped show off my intelligence. They were also very impressed with my cover letter, so I think I'm off to a good start.

I had to take an hour long test on spelling, math, etc. I think it was written in the 1920's and has been given to every employee since the firm was founded. Since I always use spellcheck and calculators, I was a little stressed at having to use a pencil and do it all in my head. I'll find out in a few days if I have the job, and make some calls tomorrow to see if the daycares I've talked to have openings. I should also start doing some online shopping to see if I can expand my wardrobe a bit.

2 comments:

AllBeehive said...

Congratulations! I'm sure you did fine on the test, though they are nerve wracking!

painterjoy said...

Hope it all works out! I knew you would impress them with your wits!