Monday, June 04, 2007

I'm excited to do laundry. What has happened to me?

Here are the pictures to go with yesterday's post.

This is the door that got turned inside out and upside down by the wind. I haven't the faintest idea what's holding it up now. Rust?


Here's one of the ancient maple trees I was raving about a few weeks ago.

And a little girl to put it in perspective. Plus, you can see what happens to a lawn at an unoccupied house in the spring.


Here's the happier stuff. The new Kohler shower head that was absolutely heavenly this morning.




And just call me Ms. Fix it.

I added a length of PVC to the outflow pipe so the washing machine drain water wouldn't wash back into the washer. Then I went to three hardware stores to get a cap so the hose from the washer wouldn't fall out. I've been to five hardware stores in the last two days. That's got to be a record. Now that the kids are asleep, I need to go outside and pull the dryer vent the rest of the way through and put a venting plate over it. Then we can finally do laundry. Oh happy day!

1 comment:

painterjoy said...

Love the pics. The garage door one is hilarious! Amazing.
I love your house. To me all these pictures, even the garage door, are so nice to me. I am envious of your beautiful yard with a farm. I want to paint a picture of that! And of your washer and dryer. Even a broken garage. You deserve all the country goodness and awesome showers!