Monday, June 18, 2007

Que sera sera

Monday morning, I found out that the receptionist/HR coordinator was leaving.
Monday evening, I was offered her full-time job.
Monday night, I crunched the numbers and decided I'd probably lose money if I took it.
Tuesday morning, I declined the job.
Wednesday, they gave the girl leaving the hard sell to get her to stay.
Friday, she accepted, with the caveat that the give her more help.
Monday morning, the woman I replaced was back training with Dawn.
Monday evening, I was fired.

4 comments:

painterjoy said...

What the HELL?

AllBeehive said...

My sentiments exactly.

davegannon said...

WHAT? why? for being interested in another position at your company? I am SO sorry.

saffry said...

I'm having trouble explaining it, because it is kind of warped. The gist is that I didn't want the first full-time job primarily because I didn't want to be a receptionist. When Dawn decided to stay, they merged part of her job with all of my job. If they had come to me and offered that job to me, I probably would have said yes. But they skipped that step (possibly because they thought I didn't want full-time work) and went right to hiring someone else.

But, the kid's swimming lessons start next week. I've got lots of work to do with Zepppo. And if I qualify for unemployment (which they said they wouldn't contest) I may come out ahead.