Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Iron Man



Swimming lessons started again this week. Crazy Crazy. Nathan's are at 10:00 near our old house, Claire's are at 3:30, closer to here. Although Nathan seems to be off to a slow start with his class, so I may bump him back to the pre-swimmers class with Claire. He hasn't wanted to go underwater yet, and is a bit shy with the large morning classes. There are 128 kids signed up for classes, divided into a dozen classes in two time periods.

Claire is only half interested in her class. I was pleasantly surprised that she was willing to swim out with the teacher a few times, but then she gets distracted and goes off to play with sand toys. Today, the lifeguard wanted them to be monsters. Since Claire and I were playing "mud monster" yesterday, she ran up into the sand to get dirty instead of following the rest of the kids in the water. I should have gotten some pictures of that. My camera is supposed to be sand and water resistant, but the same can't be said for my phone. It's gotten scratched up from the sand in my purse, and the slider wasn't opening well because it has sand inside. Ooops.

I've already got hideous sunburn. I've had this skin for 36 years, you'd think I'd know better than to go out without sunblock, especially since the medication I take makes me more sensitive. At least my face is okay, since I always wear lotion with SPF in it. Poor Nathan got burned too, although it will hopefully fade by tomorrow. I went out last night and stocked up on some spray on lotion and some Aloe, and I'm going to make him wear a shirt some of the time.

2 comments:

painterjoy said...

It's amazing how much energy they have!
Nathan looks so big and grown up in that picture. I know, I go through so much sunscreen because it has been sunny every day for freakin' months.

I love your pictures of play on the beach! Thanks!

AllBeehive said...

I will say that this is one thing the east coast has over Denver any day: Lakes to swim in. V. jealous. I've been going to swim at the rec center pool and it just isn't the same. I wonder how it will be when I have kids.