Friday, May 11, 2007

I just have to make sure it can vibrate

I'm looking for a cell phone plan again. In the last 10 years we've had cell phones three different times, but we never really got into using them much. The first was a pre-paid plan that we bought on impulse after going off the road one day. Since we only got one phone, we couldn't call each other and never remembered to take it with us. Then we tried again in D.C. and canceled our landline. Still didn't use it much, and eventually decided it was too expensive. Dan got us on another plan when I was pregnant with Claire, but we couldn't get service at our house here, so we canceled that one too.

Since we're moving again, I've decided to cancel our traditional phone and get VOIP through Time-Warner. And get a cell phone as back-up. It'd also be a good thing to have if I get us lost in the woods again. But I'm feeling like an old lady who just doesn't get this new-fangled technology. I'm fairly certain we'll have to go with Verizon, because I think they're the only ones with full coverage here. Do I need V Cast? Bluetooth? 3G? What does it all mean!!!!!

I expect that the most I'll use this phone for is sending Dan a text at work that says MILK. (It's such a pain that he doesn't have a phone/voicemail there) And yet, I can't help wanting to fondle the cute little LG Mint Chocolate with Video Messaging and Navigator.

1 comment:

AllBeehive said...

Forget all of the technology and just get the phone that comes free with your year contract. Chances are, it will do all the fanciness that you need of making calls and sending text messages.