Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Another day, another $8,000 in medicine pumped into me

I now have another reason to lose weight. The Rituximab that I took in December has worn off already. Patients average 6 months of relief with it, but my doctor suspects that overweight patients lose effectiveness sooner. The dosage is adjusted for cancer patients based on weight, so it makes sense that weight affects it's efficacy. So I'm upping the dosage on my weekly medicine to compensate, and we'll check on the Rituximab again in September. I had a treatment two weeks ago, and another today. As a bonus, I also got a foot massage and parafin dip from the physical therapist while I was there. Next time, I'm going for the full massage.

Meanwhile, I need to get inspired to exercise and change my eating habits again. But I need the medicine to take effect first, because I'm very stiff these days and have some pain in my ankles again. But summer is here, and we have a wonderful, rural road going past the new house with almost no traffic. Time to go for walks.

Also, I cried through most of Gilmore Girls tonight. It makes me glad that they decided to cancel the show, because that was the perfect episode to end on. I especially loved how Emily was trying to bribe her way into continuing the Friday night dinners and Lorelei completely caught on to her. Very sweet.

1 comment:

AllBeehive said...

I was going to post about GG today too! We think that it was time to end, but they did it so suddenly, no lead up, no nothing...just oh by the way, the last episode is next week. It seems like that episode was just kind of thrown together like a season finale with a lot left unfinished.