Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Another interview

The job interview today was a lot of fun, and interesting. It's an office of four people who coordinate early intervention services for children under the age of six with developmental delays. Autism, hearing and sight problems, speech therapy, etc. They work county-wide with children from birth to five years. My job would be making sure that the employees who provide therapy and services are reimbursed, and that the county is then properly reimbursed by the state. All while making tons of copies for back-up, but also being careful to never, ever, ever breach confidentiality laws. I'd even occasionally go to County and State meetings, it's like an actual career!

I don't want to think about how complicated this month will get if they offer me the job. The woman who's leaving has only a week and a half left. Knowing that I should give notice at my current job, they'd want me to work my normal days off for the next two weeks so I can train with her before she goes, and maybe work Sundays too. I agreed to this, completely forgetting that I have an all-day Medicine Infusion next Tuesday and that Dan is working the next two Sundays with Mom's day and college graduations. Plus, I'll need a day off when we close on the House. Don't ask me where that leaves time to pack. And getting the kids switched to full-time daycare and also moving them to a Potsdam daycare has to be accomplished soon too, although Janet will help bridge the gap for a few weeks.

Finally, will it throw a gigantic wrench in the Mortgage process? I sent back our signed commitment letter today, but there's still a clause that the bank can cancel if they feel we won't be able to meet our obligations. Since the mortgage is almost entirely based on Dan's income anyway, I'm hoping they won't bother doing an income verification for me at the last minute. I'm going back and forth on whether I should tell the mortgage broker, or if it's the kind of things that she needs plausible denialbility on.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

And did I mention that Monday is Claire's b-day.

2 comments:

AllBeehive said...

I can't remember, is this the job you really really want in the pretty building?

davegannon said...

good luck and congrats on the challenge. you sound like you really want this and it is a better fit.
you should join a circus too b/c that is what you are doing right now, juggling! it will work out and be over with in a month and you will be sitting on your porch sipping Bees Knees looking back on how hectic it was.