Thursday, July 05, 2007

Notes from New England

I'm finding it hard to get used to the idea that when people start oohing and aaahing around me, it's because of the dog and not the kids. With a face like this, who can blame them.


His training is going pretty well. Too much poop in the kitchen, but we're working on it. Come, Sit and Down are working very well though.

I don't have much to write about. I'm busy, but at the same time, I don't know where each day goes. So just to say Hi, I'll give you some interesting links.

This is an interesting article on the cult of Dunkin Donuts. Insightful Commentary here.

The Red Sox have now been in first place for almost the entire season. The Yankees continue to bomb.

My local Paper. Reading Sound off is always good for a laugh.

Some history and photos of my new town.

Oh, and this was the view out my window as I was writing this post.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you live in New York? Since when is New York part of New England? :)
Cute Dog BTW!
Jeannie

saffry said...

Well, I stretch my definition of New England a bit. The fact that we have waaaaay more in common with Vermont than NYC is part of it. I think we even make more Maple Syrup around here than all of Vermont makes. Plus, we're closer to Boston than NYC. And I'm just as likely to see Red Sox fans around here as Yankee fans.

It's the same rationale that always kept me from thinking of Bridgeport as being part of Connecticut.

painterjoy said...

What great photos! Zeppo sure is a cutie. Thank you for the fabulous post! Pics and links and local flavor.
And Dunkin Donuts!
I have posted about it before. I do miss it. It's part nostalgia and partly that the coffee does have a unique taste. And I have tried every donut place out here to try to find some good donuts. There was one near my apt, but they just closed down. Mark and I were so distressed! We were banging on the door! Noooo!!
Now we have to start trying new donut places.