Thursday, July 19, 2007

la la la I can't hear you

I think I may have to shut down my computer for a few days. I'm a Harry Potter fan, have been since picking up Prisoner of Azkaban for a plane ride eight years ago. And I really don't want to be spoiled on the ending of this book. But unfortunately, I love reading news accounts about the hype and the fact that spoilers are out there already. However, it means that I'm skating close to the edge of seeing things I don't want to see. Even websites that I wouldn't suspect would care, are making references to the pages that made it online. Must tread carefully.

After arguing over who would get the book first, I ended up ordering a second copy from Amazon so Dan and I could each read it. The last two times I didn't order a copy, and then decided that I couldn't wait. I ended up buying a Costco membership four years ago because they were the only local place that had copies available. And two years ago, I decided on the spur of the moment to go to the Borders at Midnight to get a copy. I think I was the 300th person in line. I then read for several hours, even knowing that I had to get up with one-month old Claire for regular feedings. This year, I'll leave it to Fed-ex.

No comments: