Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Pictures, pictures, pictures

My blog has been very dull lately with no pictures. So I'll go all out tonight with some photos.

First, there was a town festival two weeks ago when my Dad came to visit. Nathan spent some time in the bounce castles, then we listened to music, looked at the craft fair, and checked out some antique cars. Gorgeous day, with lots of people out having fun. I missed the big event, but Dad, Nathan and Kyle went to it. The fire department's three trucks go down to the river to see which engine co. can get their hoses set up and firing first. It then degenerates into a big water fight between the firefighters, with the crowd caught in the crossfire.



Second, now that we're all unpacked, I thought I'd show off our living room.

And this is what the living room looks like when I turn my back on Claire for two minutes.


Are we rednecks yet? Took delivery on this today, but it still took Dan an hour to mow. And that's not even including a patch of land that we're trying to reclaim from the cattails and burdock.


And finally, another puzzle on our property. I originally thought this area was a garden, because it was weedy rather than grassy. But my shovel clanged when I tried to dig there, so I amended my thoughts to it being a concrete slab from a barn. Turns out I was wrong again, it was a massive stone. I haven't even finished uncovering it yet, and it's at least 15 sq feet already. Once we get the deck done, this will be a secondary patio. Dan also wants to put a hammock here because it's shady. But we're going to have to figure out how to work around/with this stone first.


1 comment:

davegannon said...

wow, great room, great yard, great stone!
here's an ideaL get a sledgehammer (dan) and break it apart and use it in landscaping. those go for top dollar around here...or, use it as a patio like you mentioned. that mower is so awesome. i am jealous. they are sweet machines, you can even pop wheelies if you get on some good gritty concrete or blacktop.
have fun.