Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Your cheating heart

The most amusing thing I've seen in awhile.

I pulled into McDonald's tonight, and parked next to a car that looked like it belonged to my friend's husband. My vegetarian, organic loving, reduce-reuse-recycle friend. She knows he likes the occasional burger, but I now suspect that she wouldn't want to know that he gets his fix at Micky D's too. How else to explain the fact that as we were going in the front door, he slipped out the other side, walked around the back of the restaurant through the drive-thru lane, and drove off. Heh.

I was all set to tease him about being there, but I guess I'll keep my mouth shut in the name of wedded bliss.

2 comments:

davegannon said...

does having kids automatically put you in line at a McDonalds? I hope not. They do, however, have decent coffee when you need a quick fix and there is no 'Bucks around. Hope you are finally getting settled in.

saffry said...

No, we dragged Nathan around to a lot of nice places his first year. But any place where'd we have to wait 15-20 minutes for food would lead to a meltdown by the time food arrived, and Dan and I got tired of taking turns walking around restaurants jiggling a baby.

I once took my Dad and Nathan to the fine dining place Dan was working at, and spent the whole time trying to stop him from pulling the tablecloth down and throwing bread pieces into our neighbors water glasses. Not relaxing. We once let him eat a packet of butter because it kept him busy long enough for us to eat half a meal together. I'm hoping that we'll be past this stage with Claire in a year, and can start going to full-service places again. YMMV.