Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Laura Bush would hate it

After 15 years of discussion, I think Dan and I are finally going to get tattoos. He's very excited about it, so excited that I think he's forgotten that he nearly passes out just watching me get blood drawn. He's decided on Kokopelli, who's associated with food, surrounded by a sun with blue flames, blue for the gas flames in a kitchen.

I'd always wanted something Celtic, but couldn't decide where to put it. But now I want to celebrate being pregnant, giving birth and breastfeeding. So I think I'll put it up high on my breast. I just need to finalize a design. I kind of like this goddess symbol,

but instead of the spiral on the belly, I'd use this celtic symbol


for the breasts and belly.




Unfortunately, I have no artistic talents, so I can't quite figure out how to make this look like a decent tattoo. Any thoughts?

1 comment:

painterjoy said...

How fun!
A good tattoo artist should be able to draw you a great design. Or, I could draw out one for you, if you would like!
I love the design and symbolism!