Friday, July 14, 2006

School Days, School Days

One of the (many) reasons I have not gone back to work yet is that very few jobs list "BA in History" as a prerequisite. Even with all the accounting experience I have, I'm pretty much back to square one if I go for a job. So, I've submitted all the paperwork to go back to school and get a BS in business from Empire State College.

It's all online. I have no idea how long it will take, a lot depends on how much credit I get for classes taken at Bates. Just for the major, it would be at least 10 classes, and I think I'd only do 2 a term, 3 terms a year. But I probably have to take some Math and Science courses too, Bates curriculum was a little too easygoing and I never took a Math course there.

The plan:
Graduate
Work for bank as Financial Planner
Make tons of Money
Open own Financial Planning business
Make truckloads of Money
Open Restaurant and invest in Commercial Real Estate
Make enough Money to buy a small Island

Sounds good, right?

3 comments:

painterjoy said...

Sounds like a good plan, and a totally achievable one. I have complete faith in you!

AllBeehive said...

You don't need another BA to be a Financial Planner. Just get your CFP.

saffry said...

Well, I'm not completely sure Financial planning is my goal. It's a rising field, but I may not be a good salesperson for that. So I want the flexibility that the business degree gives. Most of the jobs that intrigue me now require at least an A.S. A CPA would be good too, and I think I need a B.S. for that.