Tuesday, July 04, 2006

This is getting ridiculous

Bird #3 was flying around the house when we got up this morning. Dan handled that one. I sent an e-mail to an Audobon member and discovered that we have European starlings, they're an invasive species, so I don't have to feel any guilt about removing their nest or otherwise injuring them.

I shoved a box up into the hole in the kitchen, hoping that would block them, but bird #4 dislodged while we were at a demolition derby today. I got him out of the house pretty fast, then heard that something was scratching around inside the box. Birds #5 and #6, two chicks, had gotten stuck in there. At least it was pretty easy to get them out, since I only had to move the box with them in it. I'll try to anchor the box a little better, but also make sure I can move it again if something gets trapped. Our landlord is out of town, but I'll call tomorrow and see if he has a ladder to get rid of the nest and plug the holes better. Enough is Enough!

No comments: