Thursday, July 20, 2006

Summer Rain

There's a thunderstorm blowing in, finally. I know that temps in the 80's are nothing compared to the rest of the country this week, but with no A.C. and chasing the kids around, it was hot enough. And it didn't help that Nathan fiddled with the thermostat Tuesday night so that we woke up to an 80 degree house. We'll be back in the 70's tomorrow after this front comes through.

It was strangly fitting that our hot water heater broke during the hottest days of the summer. Dan braved the cold shower, but our well water is below 50 degrees, so I didn't attempt it. Instead, we spent the weekend shuttling back and forth to the in-laws until our landlord could get the part on Monday. Of course that was also a night that Claire had a bad reaction to milk and spit up all over me, herself and my bed. That's a night when a warm bath would have come in handy.

Dan's off being a free man tonight and showing off his tattoo. He's gone to Burlington to see Les Claypool, a bassist formerly with Primus. I'll have to think of some treat for myself in return. Lately, my only time alone has been my drives to my doc, not really the "me" time I'm looking for.

1 comment:

painterjoy said...

What a beautiful thing - a thundersroem front bringing in that cool dry yummy weather! Hope your heater gets fixed!