Sunday, November 12, 2006

Must Listen To Doctor ! !! ! !!

So, I'm stupid.

I knew that taking 5 mg of folic acid daily would reduce the side effects of methotrexate (nausea, mouth sores), but once I stopped taking prednisone everyday, it was a little tough to remember to take the folic acid.

But then I started finding mouse size lumps of hair in the shower every day. Hmmmm, what does that prescription form say? Hair loss is another side effect. Maybe, just maybe, I should take my supplement everyday. That would be smart.

But I'm stupid. I still didn't take it everyday this week before taking my methotrexate yesterday. And then today I took some prednisone on a mostly empty stomach. Oooops.

So, nausea. Check. Just in time race to the bathroom. Check. Afternoon spent not eating anything and drinking only weak tea. Check.

Do you think I learned my lesson? My hair certainly hopes so.

No comments: