Monday, November 13, 2006

My nerd gene has kicked in again

I was stressing out all week over my accounting assignment. It was due at midnight last night, and I still had half the questions unanswered and hadn't taken the quiz as of 6 p.m. A horrible feeling was coming over me, related to the fact that this was only the first chapter in my career defining major, and I was having problems.

Decided to take a slight break from things and read Chapter 2 while waiting for inspiration. What a breeze! It still had lots of new information, but it was practical knowledge that I could relate back to work experience, instead of the theories and grand themes of chapter one.

Not only did it make it easier to get back to first assignment, but I got all of this week's work done by 11:00 pm as well. Plus, I reviewed the syllabus and realized what a small fraction of my grade this work was. Not that I can skip it, but at least it was a reminder that I could fudge one question each week without failing the class. Not worth stressing over.

Add to that the fact that I just selected a research topic for my second class and have no work due for the third and I'm golden.

No comments: