Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Dude, you said POTsdam

My kids are gonna be stoners.



See, Potsdam has always been known for it's Sandstone quarries. At some point, they picked Sandstoners as the school's nickname, with a burley guy holding a pickax as the mascot. But no one ever says the Sandstoners.



Maybe we should have bought a house in Canton.

Inspection is scheduled for Sunday.(finally) I dropped off Nathan's application for Pre-K today. I also wanted to do other errands and get their blood drawn for the yearly lead poisoning test. That was NOT fun. Nathan fought through the blood test, but then settled down quickly. Claire did not settle down quickly, but instead screamed, pulled my hair, arched her back, stole my glasses, pinched the skin on my face and flung her arms around all the way back to the car. Then the fun really began as I tried to get her in her carseat. Dan is doing it next time.

1 comment:

painterjoy said...

I remember freaking out whenever I saw a needle. I never hurt my Mom though, and afterwards I think I was okay.
Was Claire really traumatized? Jeez. I am sorry. It sounds like a very stressful day in a time of high stress to begin with.
Maybe the 'Stoners' can give you something to help relieve the stress.

Just kidding. Hope your day gets better!