Thursday, April 12, 2007

Who are you?

Not identity theft. Experian just decided that since we had the same name and lived in Lewiston at the same time, that Amy E. McFarland and I must be the same person. Never mind that we had different Social Security Numbers and that I had had a dozen different addresses while she'd been quietly paying a mortgage in Lewiston.

So, I got that untangled. Although I might regret dropping her perfect payment history on the mortgage. That probably helped my score more than the delinquent medical bill hurt it. A lesson to you all to take advantage of your yearly free credit report.

The new mortgage application will be winging it's way to the broker tomorrow. It's a slightly higher rate than the program that takes forever to close. But given how little money we're paying, the change in percentage is only adding about $20 a month.

And, I have a job interview tomorrow. Waaaaaay back in October, I took a civil service exam for the county. I finally started getting "letters of interest" in January, but it was after I'd started at the tree company and they were only for part-time work. A few weeks ago I got one for full-time, working in the purchasing department while the county builds a new prison. I'd really, really like to have employer paid health insurance again, so wish me luck.

No comments: