Saturday, April 28, 2007

Wash that gray right outta my hair?

I've been thinking about my gray hair lately. Back when I was a stripling of twenty, before the the first white hair reared up, I thought I knew what I'd do. Dye it. Dye it until it reached the tipping point, then stop dying and do some form of frosted hair instead.
But now I'm unsure. I actually like my white hair, because it's coming in very silvery, and adds some interest to my hair. I also think that it's all my old copper highlights that are going first, so if I lose the silver, it will all be a dull brown.
However, I imagine that at some point soon I'll reach a tipping point. Like when you're growing out a short haircut. For a few weeks it seems an unmanageable mess, and you're sorely tempted to hack if off and forget about having long hair again. I imagine that's how I'll feel when I get to 30% gray, but once I start dying, there'd be no going back. I'll try to hold out a little longer and see how things go.

1 comment:

painterjoy said...

Your silver sounds pretty. As long as you think that it enhances your beauty, keep it. Your gorgeous skin and fine features can not to be overpowered so easily.