Friday, April 06, 2007

More house stuff

Why am I buying a house in a place where it SNOWS in APRIL!!! At least it's not accumulating here, but the flakes have been flying around for two days now.

We put an offer on the house today. Contingent on inspection, well test and septic test of course. I'm really regretting not bringing a camera with me, because I'm finding that I don't remember the details, like whether or not there's a dishwasher. Or if there's carpeting in the bedrooms. Our house inspector is going to be on vacation all next week, so even if the offer is accepted, we probably won't get inside again until after the 15th. Which is probably good, because there are currently tenants in there, but they're buying a house and will be gone by then.

I'm not feeling like I'm "in love" with this house, but I think that's a good thing. I know that the type of house I would really love will cost three times more, and probably not come with a large yard. This house is a 5-15 year house, not a lifetime one. I've told Dan that when the kids are gone and my knees are gone, I want a Craftsman bungalow in the village. Whether there's another house in between this one and that one depends on how long we last with only one bathroom.

Can I just say I love technology. Anyway, here's another view of the house. Zooming in just turns everything into a green blur. But it should be pretty clear that when I say we'd be surrounded by farms, I wasn't exaggerating. To the right, you can see the St. Regis River. Just on the other side of that is a small, protected forest where I've gone walking a few times. Wonderfully fragrant scotch pines there.

No comments: