Monday, April 23, 2007

Luv, twue luv


Nathan is in Love. When I went to pick him up, he wanted to stay and "play chess" with Joelle. The game seemed to consist of them trading pieces back and forth across the board. I didn't feel like making a fuss to get him to leave, so I told him I wanted to go to McDonald's as incentive to get going. He and Joelle immediately seized upon the plan of meeting at McDonald's and eating together. Then, in the car, he told me
"I love girls. I love their hair, they're so pretty."

Luckily, Joelle's mom was very much into the idea of Micky D's too, and they arrived a few minutes after us, at which time Joelle enveloped Nathan in a big hug. The two of them sat as close as possible through dinner, talking constantly. She's five, an older woman, and according to her mom, Nathan's not her first. Heh. Now he's running around the house, picking out the toys he wants to give her for her Birthday. Had they had their way, she'd be here right now playing.

But once again, I think I blew it. I should have gotten their phone number. The Mom is a single Mom who moved here in September. She'd probably like having another Mom around who isn't busy spending nights and Saturdays with a husband. I just feel like things are going to be too crazy with the upcoming move to start a new friendship. However, if Nathan keeps talking about Joelle constantly, I may have to re-think that plan.

1 comment:

painterjoy said...

Oh my. That is so incredibly, so downright, cute. I am sure you will get another chance to make a friend and let Nathan see his girlfriend.
Oh, jeez, my ovaries are all aflutter now.